A five-mile segment of the Red Line between Shady Grove and Twinbrook will be shut down for nine days.
- No trains running at any time between Shady Grove and Twinbrook.
- Two stations, Shady Grove and Rockville, will be closed for the duration of the surge with rail service replaced by free shuttle buses running at all times of the day.
- Customers who normally use Shady Grove or Rockville are encouraged to consider starting their trip at Twinbrook, White Flint, Twinbrook or Wheaton during the surge.
- Elsewhere on the Red Line, trains will run at near-normal intervals.
- Shady Grove and Rockville stations will be closed.
- Red Line trains will operate near normal service between Glenmont and Twinbrook every 8 minutes (normally 6 minutes).
- Additional Red Line trains will operate between Glenmont and Silver Spring every 4 minutes (normally 3 minutes).
- Limited free shuttle buses will replace trains between Shady Grove, Rockville and Grosvenor at all times.
- Express shuttle buses will operate during weekday peak periods between Shady Grove and Twinbrook.
- During midday and evenings, trains will operate every 12 minutes with additional trains operating between Grosvenor and Silver Spring.
- After 10:00 p.m. trains will run every 15 minutes.
- Service on Metro’s Orange, Silver, Blue, Yellow, and Green lines will not be affecte
Montgomery County Grosvenor page – Resources for Montgomery County residents, commuters and visitors to plan for SafeTrack.
MARC Service Information – Information on using MARC as an alternative during Metro’s SafeTrack project.
- Customers driving on I-270 from north of Shady Grove or that use Rockville Station, should consider taking MARC Brunswick Line to Union Station.
- Limited free local shuttle buses will operate between Shady Grove, Rockville and SafeTrack at all times.
- Express shuttle buses will operate during weekday peak periods between Shady Grove and Twinbrook from 5:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Customers who normally park and ride at Shady Grove or Rockville should consider using other Metro Park & Ride facilities at Grosvenor, White Flint, Twinbrook or Wheaton stations.
- Customers should consider Ride On or Glenmont for alternate routes.
If you have any questions or need assistance planning your trip, please call Metro Customer Service at (202) 637-7000.