Metrorail Station Platform Improvement Project
Summer 2022 Metrorail Station Closures
Five Orange Line stations – New Carrollton, Landover, Cheverly, Deanwood and Minnesota Ave– will be closed from May 28th – September 5th, 2022.
Rail Service information:
- No Orange Line service between Stadium-Armory and New Carrollton.
- Monday-Friday: Orange Line service will operate between Vienna and Stadium-Armory.
- Saturday and Sunday: Orange Line service will operate between Vienna and Ballston-MU. Customers should transfer to/from the Silver Line
as an alternative.
- MARC train service at New Carrolton will not be impacted.
Free Shuttle Bus Service:
- Local shuttle between New Carrollton, Landover, Cheverly, Deanwood, Minnesota Ave & Stadium-Armory.
- Local service operator every 15-20 minutes, 7 days a week during hours the rail system is open.
- Express 1 with limited stops at New Carrollton, Landover & Stadium-Armory.
- Express 2 with limited stops at Deanwood, Minnesota Ave & Stadium-Armory.
- Express service operates every 10-15 minutes, 7 days a week during hours the rail system is open.
Alternative Travel Options
For those looking for alternatives to taking the Metro, there are several options available that can help you get around the region safely. Commuters are encouraged to consider arranging formal carpools using the free Commuter Connections ridematching platform. New carpools comprised of two or more individuals may qualify for a maximum incentive of $130 for a 90-day period through the Commuter Connections ‘Pool Rewards program. Learn more at the ‘Pool Rewards webpage; scroll to the bottom for the “Pool Rewards for Carpools” section.
Commuters can also use Kiss & Ride lots or Park & Ride lots to form spontaneous casual carpools with the help of CarpoolNow. Carpool drivers picking up other passengers going to and from work can use the Commuter Connections CarpoolNow mobile app and will receive a $10 incentive payment per trip, up to $600 a year. Visit the CarpoolNow webpage to download the app. CarpoolNow works like other popular ride-hailing services, except the driver earns money commuting to and from work, and the passenger’s ride is free!
The free Guaranteed Ride Home program may provide free taxi rides to rescue commuters who are worried about how they’ll get home when an emergency arises. Rides are available Monday – Friday (excluding federal holidays) from 6 am – 10 pm. Click here to register and/or request a ride!
Other Helpful Links
WMATA’s platform improvement project webpage contains additional information and a list of convenient bus options as additional alternatives.