incenTrip Program Guidelines
The purpose of the Commuter Connections incenTrip Mobile Application (“incenTrip”) is to encourage commuters to take Single Occupant Vehicle (SOV) alternatives when commuting to and from work. By doing so, the overall transportation network will experience less strain as the demand for vehicles on roads is reduced. Instead of driving alone, incenTrip users are encouraged to rideshare, take transit, bike, etc.
A secondary benefit from incenTrip is the ability to help commuters who cannot feasibly participate in SOV-alternatives identify and avoid congested roadways. Additionally, incenTrip monitors driving habits and offers customized tips to help promote eco-driving.
incenTrip is targeted and available for commuters in the Washington, DC region. Commuters may use incenTrip to plan any and all trips; only work commutes completed during the peak commute hours will offer points.
Accumulating and Redeeming Points
Registered Commuter Connections members (“Users”) who link their accounts to the incenTrip mobile app will have the ability to earn points for planning and logging their eligible trips within incenTrip. Eligible trips are defined as work commute trips where travel originates at a home address and ends at a work office address, or vice-versa. Points can be earned for trips that occur during the peak commute times, defined for the purposes of this program as 6:30 am – 9:30 am and/or 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm during weekdays (excluding federal holidays). One (1) commute trip is eligible for points per each peak commute time window. A maximum of 100 points can be earned per trip. Additional ‘bonus’ points can be earned by completing goals, challenges, etc.
Points can be earned at variable amounts depending upon a user’s commuting habits. incenTrip is funded in part by grant funds stipulating a focus on “mode shift” away from drive-alone commuting. As a result, incenTrip awards a higher amount of points to new users trying out carpooling, transit, biking, or walking commutes. As users grow accustomed to these commute modes, point values awarded will change. Below is the point structure currently in place:
|Trip Type||Initial Phase||Sustain Phase – 1||Sustain Phase – 2||Sustain Phase – 3|
|Non-SOV (rideshare, transit, bike, walk)||100||90||75||50|
As an example: A user who regularly logs two daily non-SOV commute trips will spend 90 days in the Initial phase, 30 days in Sustain-1, 30 days in Sustain-2, and then placed in Sustain-3. The user will have earned approximately $310 over the course of his/her first six months of logging!
- As a condition of participation, User must provide correct, current, and complete profile information.
- User must provide a valid home/mailing address. All materials will be sent to this address.
- User must provide a valid email address and/or downloaded the Commuter Connections app in order to earn points within incenTrip.
- Commuter Connections reserves the right to contact the User and/or the User’s employer to verify his/her participation in the Program and/or his/her commute behavior.
- The information provided by the User will be used by Commuter Connections to facilitate his/her participation in incenTrip.
- The incentives offered through incenTrip are provided to applicants on a first-come, first-serve basis and that Commuter Connections has the right to terminate this Program at any time without notice.
- Users may earn up to $600 per calendar year through Commuter Connections’ various incentive programs, including incenTrip.
- If a dispute arises regarding any aspect of incenTrip, including, but not limited to, interpretation of the Program Guidelines, accuracy of the information the User provides, or the User’s eligibility to participate, Commuter Connections shall be the final decision-maker regarding such disputes. Any decision will be final and binding on the User’s status as a User in incenTrip.
- Commuter Connections reserves the right to alter the points allocation formula and/or points redemption values at any point without prior notification to the User.
- Any incentive payments received by User from Commuter Connections are subject to federal and state income taxes. The User is solely responsible for any liability that may result from such incentive payments.
- Commuter Connections reserves its rights to pursue any penalties and remedies to the fullest extent of the law against a User who knowingly provides false misleading information, knowingly receives public funds fraudulently, and/or knowingly abuses the use of public funds.
- By providing information to Commuter Connections, User understands that such information may be used by Commuter Connections or a third party to contact User regarding his/her interest in additional financial incentives, additional programs or services, or for information related to his/her experience using alternative modes of transportation. If User does not wish to be contacted for these reasons, they can indicate so by checking a box when creating a Commuter Connections account profile
- By accessing incenTrip application, you are agreeing to be bound by these incenTrip application Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in incenTrip application are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Future Mobility LLC’s incenTrip application for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:a. modify or copy the materials;b. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);c. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Future Mobility LLC’s incenTrip application;d. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; ore. transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.f. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Future Mobility LLC at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Future Mobility LLC’s incenTrip application are provided “as is”. Future Mobility LLC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Future Mobility LLC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on incenTrip application or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- In no event shall Future Mobility LLC or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Future Mobility LLC’s incenTrip application, even if Future Mobility LLC or a Future Mobility LLC authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Revisions and Errata
- The materials appearing on Future Mobility LLC’s incenTrip application could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Future Mobility LLC does not warrant that any of the materials on incenTrip application are accurate, complete, or current. Future Mobility LLC may make changes to the materials contained on incenTrip application at any time without notice. Future Mobility LLC does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials
- Future Mobility LLC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to incenTrip application and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Future Mobility LLC of the site. Use of any such linked Website/Mobile application is at the user’s own risk.
- Governing Law
- Any claim relating to Future Mobility LLC’s incenTrip application shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maryland without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions are applicable to Use of incenTrip application.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained