- Appoint a Bike-to-Work Day coordinator.
- Provide funds for food and prizes.
- Publicize your Bike-to-Work Day through a company intranet, newsletter, email, fliers, etc.
- Hold a morning event with breakfast for Bike-to-Work commuters.
- Hold drawings for prizes.
- Give special recognition for longest distance biked, oldest/most interesting bicycle, bicyclist who came from transit station farthest from work.
- Make information available about company provisions for bicycle parking, changing and shower facilities for employees.
- Provide copies of this guide; call (800) 745-RIDE for free copies.
- Issue a Bike-to-Work Day challenge to a neighboring employer or among departments.
For more information, visit http://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org/.