CarpoolNow Driver Incentive Program Requirements
The purpose of the CarpoolNow Driver Incentive Program (the “Program”) is to encourage commuters to carpool to and/or from work by taking advantage of the Commuter Connections mobile application, CarpoolNow. Drivers will receive an incentive payment for picking up a passenger using the mobile application so long as a portion of the trip occurs in the Washington DC Metropolitan Region.
Rules of Eligibility
- Transportation Network Company (TNC’s) employees/drivers such as Uber and Lyft are not eligible to receive this incentive payment.
- User must be a worker commuting to and from his/her place of employment to qualify for the Program. Students traveling to and from school are not eligible.
- User must currently be commuting during the peak period. i.e., non-holiday weekday between 6:30-9:30 a.m. and/or 4:00-7:00 p.m. to qualify for the Program.
- User must have an account or officially register with Commuter Connections and establish an account and the CarpoolNow application on his/her smartphone.
- Qualifying trips must occur in the Washington DC Metropolitan Region. This means the trip can originate, terminate, or pass through the Washington DC Metropolitan Region.
- Commuter Connections maintains the right to terminate the Program with or without notice at and any time for any reason.
- Incentive payments to drivers may not exceed $600.00 in one calendar year.
- A calendar year is defined as beginning on January 1 and ending on December 31.
- The maximum financial incentive that can be earned per trips is $10.00 paid to the driver.
- Financial incentives offered may come in the form of direct payment, gift certificates/cards or debit cards.
- All information supplied by the User must be accurate, current, complete and up-to-date. Commuter Connections reserves the right to refuse the User’s incentive offer and/or discontinue the User’s participation in the Program, including the right to withhold payment of the User’s incentive, if Commuter Connections believes User has failed to meet this obligation. We reserve the right to contact you and your employer to verify the information provided.
- Financial incentives are limited. Commuter Connections reserves the right to reject any type of incentive offered if the Program capacity is met, even if the applicant qualifies for the Program. If a dispute arises regarding any aspect of the Program, including, but not limited to, interpretation of the Program Requirements, accuracy of the information provided by you, or your eligibility to participate in the Program, the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments/Commuter Connections Program shall be the final decision-maker regarding such a dispute. Any decisions will be final.
- As a condition of participation, User must provide correct, current, and complete information.
- User must provide a valid home/mailing address. All materials will be sent to this address.
- Commuter Connections reserves the right to contact the User and/or the User’s employer to verify his/her participation in the Program and/or his/her commute behavior.
- The information provided by the User will be used by Commuter Connections to facilitate his/her participation in the Program.
- The incentives offered through the Program are provided to applicants on a first-come, first-serve basis and that Commuter Connections has the right to terminate this program at any time without notice.
- If a dispute arises regarding any aspect of the Program, including, but not limited to, the interpretation of the Program Requirements, accuracy of the information the User provides, or the User’s eligibility to participate, Commuter Connections shall be the final decision maker regarding such disputes. Any decision will be final and binding on the User’s status as a participant of the Program.
- Any incentive payments received by User from Commuter Connections are subject to federal and state income taxes. The User is solely responsible for any liability that may result from such incentive payments.
- Commuter Connections reserves its rights to pursue any penalties and remedies to the fullest extent of the law against a User who knowingly provides false misleading information and/or knowingly receives public funds fraudulently, and/or knowingly abuses the use of public funds.