- Contractor granted permission to begin pre-construction work on Purple Line
- Traffic relief: U.S. 1 widening starting soon in Prince William Co.
- Phase One of I-395/3rd Street Tunnel Construction Project Begins February 24
- Be a smarter commuter: What you need to know for getting around the D.C. area in 2016
- I-395 HOV ramp at Seminary Road to open Monday afternoon
- Demolition Project will Impact Traffic at 15th and L Street NW Beginning Saturday, January 9
- New projects would add more tolls to I-66
- New 12th Street Extension in Pentagon City May Open By End of Year
On Friday, May 20, organizers of Bike to Work Day are expecting one thousand more riders than last year to get in gear. This year, the number of sponsored pit stops has expanded throughout the region to 83.
New alternative transportation projects in Virginia will allow more residents to bike to Metro stations, walk to work and have safer routes to school.
Drivers must stop for pedestrians in crosswalks. But, immediately, two did not. Many others would also get pulled over in the Monday afternoon traffic sting.
“Metro has serious problems — the infrastructure, the maintenance, the finances,” said Metro Board Chairman and D.C. Councilman Jack Evans. “If we do nothing, if we don’t address this, then it will continue to have problems. The system is wearing out. As it wears out,…
Metro’s failure-prone subway — once considered a transportation jewel — is mired in disrepair because the transit agency neglected to heed warnings that its aging equipment and poor safety culture would someday lead to chronic breakdowns and calamities.