- DDOT Requests Top-To-Bottom Review For D.C. Streetcar After Series Of Delays
- New 95 Express Lanes Will Open Sunday, Are Toll-Free For Two Weeks
- Lane closures begin for D.C.'s Third Street Tunnel Project
- Prince William Parkway expansion project nearing completion
- Final section of ICC to Laurel, new I-95 interchange to open this weekend
- 95 Express Lanes Signage to begin Unveiling in Coming Weeks
- The Klingle wars are over: Trail to replace stretch of Klingle Road
- DDOT readies replacement of 16th Street bridge, delays likely
It makes perfect sense, but the growing synergy between the Interstate 95 express lanes and slugs has created one odd couple. On the one hand, there is the strictly managed I–95 toll system. On the other hand, there is the unofficial commuter group that runs…
The Maryland senate Thursday morning gave final approval to a bill that would allow the speed limit to rise from 65 to 70 miles per hour on certain roads. The bill is the first measure to hit the floor of the Senate to see any…
Virginia’s plans to add HOT lanes — toll lanes where HOV-3 carpoolers ride free — to I-66 inside and outside the Beltway were approved by regional planners on Wednesday to be included in a key air quality study, a prerequisite for making it to the…
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is calling for a nationwide audit of public transit systems that operate trains in tunnels after a recent fatal smoke incident on the Washington, D.C. Metrorail system.
Metro knew for years that a federally funded alarm system that warns of outages in its emergency response radio network didn’t work properly in subway tunnels, but the agency never told the fire officials who depend on the equipment, senior emergency responders said.