- Court ruling paves way for Purple Line construction to begin
- Belmont Ridge Road Bridge Over Washington & Old Dominion Trail Opens July 17
- Construction about to begin on new I-270 interchange in Gaithersburg
- I-495 Ramps to I-395 Bridge Repairs Underway
- Metro Calls SafeTrack A Success As Maintenance Surges Draw To A Close
- I-66 toll plans nearly final
- Rt 50/Gallows Rd Bridge Rehabilitation Starts Next Week
- Route 1 Widening begins February 10
D.C. is tweaking the timing on hundreds of red lights to improve the flow of traffic. News4’s Mark Segraves reports.
Emergency power cut-offs that were not working, slip-ups with new safety rules and a disclosure that some significant concrete work may be shoddy are among the new details in the latest series of federal reports on Metro.
Three years after its splashy opening, the first phase of Metro’s Silver Line has met with mixed success, fueling an unprecedented building boom in areas adjacent to its five new stations but struggling to attract riders.
Twenty six new fire-truck red D.C. Circulator buses entered service on Tuesday, the first of 40 buses that will replace the most decrepit vehicles in the District’s fleet. Many of those date from model years 2003 and 2004.
The D.C. Circulator has been struggling with frequent breakdowns of buses, resulting in interrupted service and long waits for passengers.