- Court ruling paves way for Purple Line construction to begin
- Belmont Ridge Road Bridge Over Washington & Old Dominion Trail Opens July 17
- Construction about to begin on new I-270 interchange in Gaithersburg
- I-495 Ramps to I-395 Bridge Repairs Underway
- Metro Calls SafeTrack A Success As Maintenance Surges Draw To A Close
- I-66 toll plans nearly final
- Rt 50/Gallows Rd Bridge Rehabilitation Starts Next Week
- Route 1 Widening begins February 10
Cutting-edge connected and autonomous cars are set to run through the 95 and 495 Express Lanes for the next three years, including while regular toll-paying drivers and carpoolers are in the lanes.
Toll lanes around entire Beltway, paying more for parking, massive Metro expansions proposed for study
Toll lanes could blanket the region’s highway; more roads could have reversible rush hour lanes; new bus-only lanes could be built, and Metro or the yet-to-be-built Purple Line could be extended — they’re all ideas from a regional long-range planning task force for massive regional…
The House of Representatives voted Monday to approve the launch of a new safety commission to oversee the Washington Metro — one of the last legal steps necessary for the regulatory agency to become an official agency.
When it comes to driver-friendly cities across the United States, the nation’s capital, perhaps unsurprisingly, does not fare very well.
The transit agency believes that to adequately improve reliability and bring back a significant number of riders, it has a long way to go.