- Contractor granted permission to begin pre-construction work on Purple Line
- Traffic relief: U.S. 1 widening starting soon in Prince William Co.
- Phase One of I-395/3rd Street Tunnel Construction Project Begins February 24
- Be a smarter commuter: What you need to know for getting around the D.C. area in 2016
- I-395 HOV ramp at Seminary Road to open Monday afternoon
- Demolition Project will Impact Traffic at 15th and L Street NW Beginning Saturday, January 9
- New projects would add more tolls to I-66
- New 12th Street Extension in Pentagon City May Open By End of Year
A year and a half after the deadly smoke incident near L’Enfant Plaza, Metro and first responders still have a long way to go on communications with riders during emergencies, the Metro Transit Police Chief said this week.
In a bid to ease traffic backups in Maryland, Gov. Larry Hogan announced $229.6 million in new investments along the Interstate 270 corridor and local roads in Montgomery County.
Last week was the busiest week ever for Virginia Railway Express, as some commuters looked for transit options beyond the Metro system.
Traffic was somewhat worse during each of Metro’s first four “maintenance surges” of the SafeTrack rebuilding program and commuters started their highway trips earlier than normal, according to an analysis by the regional transportation planners.
As Metro begins its fifth special maintenance project Wednesday under the SafeTrack program, some commuters on the west side of the Washington region may be experiencing Surge fatigue. This new project covers the same section of tracks between East Falls Church and Ballston that was repaired during…